An online marketplace was running $40k in Google Ads every month across multiple Google Ads accounts. The ad ops team would attempt to deal with invalid traffic by analysing placement reporting and manually updating exclusion lists across their Google Ads accounts and properties. This approach was neither fast or comprehensive enough to offer adequate protection against ad fraud and invalid traffic.
With TrafficGuard’s automated PPC fraud prevention, traffic is now protected in real-time rather than waiting for human analysis and manual exclusion management. This frees up the team’s time while also giving their Google Ads campaigns more thorough coverage.
- TrafficGuard identified 135% more invalid traffic than identified by Google, representing a cost-saving of $3k+
- Invalid traffic sources were forecast to generate a further $7k in invalid traffic in the same month if left unabated
- Invalid traffic stood to waste 25% of this client’s monthly ad spend
- Removal of invalid traffic to result in 12% reduction of cost per conversion
- Conversion rate improved by 8% as low-quality traffic was removed
- 24x ROI – just based on mitigated IVT