The TrafficGuard and Partnerize Digital Leaders Dinner took place on Thursday, September 27th, at the beautiful Westin hotel overlooking the Jakarta skyline.
An exclusive evening of fine dining and insightful discussion on the digital landscape of Southeast Asia, the event brought together some of Jakarta’s most innovative marketing and digital professionals.
The evening was punctuated with 2 fireside chats led by Partnerize Senior Business Development and Head of Client Outreach, Daniel Keegan. The first of which was a discussion with Shopback’s Head of Partnerships, Yolanda Margaretha, exploring the opportunities and challenges of partner marketing. In the second session, TrafficGuard COO, Luke Taylor, discussed the state of ad fraud in SEA and what it means for partner marketing efforts.
Daniel Keegan, Luke Taylor and Yolanda Margaretha
The key themes that emerged were:
- Partnership driving growth in Indonesia – As compared to 2018, 51% of Indonesian brands are seeing more revenue coming from partnerships this year;
- Need for ad fraud awareness – Rudimentary fraud tactics like bot-generated click spam are still prevalent. Ad fraud attracts over $17 million every day in APAC;
- Transparency required to optimise – Without fraud prevention, partners have no visibility of their traffic quality. It is important that partners can see their quality, so they don’t inadvertently scale low-quality sources and can optimise their campaigns faster. With clearer visibility, partners can utilise their budgets better and the advertiser gets higher-quality traffic – it is a win-win!
- Fraud prevention strengthens partner marketing – Strengthened partnerships means you waste less time onboarding new traffic sources and your partners start each new campaign with the learnings from the previous ones;
- Proactivity drives growth – Proactively removing fraud means increased ROAS. This helps advertisers bring on more traffic sources and improve reach, which in turn speeds up optimisation and delivers higher LTV.
The event was another step for TrafficGuard to increase ad-fraud awareness in order to create a safer digital advertising ecosystem. Big thanks go to our event partner, Partnerize, and to all our guests for making it an insightful evening.