How bots could ruin your Ramadan user acquisition campaigns
Ramadan has always been a key calendar moment for brands and merchants as they help people observe and celebrate. And when it comes to eCommerce apps, it’s a great time to build your user base and boost your sales. We found that Ramadan sees app downloads surge 36.5%, with eCommerce apps seeing an 8% surge.
And this year, we expect the opportunity to be bigger than ever as people bounce back from pandemic restrictions and the growth of eCommerce during the period continues. Travelling back to see the family has always been a familiar part of Ramadan, especially in countries like Indonesia and Malaysia, where people will return to hometowns and reconnect with family far away. This has been difficult for the past few years but should return in a big way this year. And with these reunions should come more reasons to shop.
If you’re looking to maximise the opportunity to grow your eCommerce app, we have a few tips to share to help you get there.
- See this as an opportunity to deliver value and discounts to customers. Ramadan is a time of giving, so take this chance to reward your customers to celebrate
- Keep the meaning of the festival in mind with your messaging. Ramadan is a time to celebrate community and togetherness, this should be reflected in your campaigns and messaging. Give thanks too. It’s important to express appreciation to customers for their support during Ramadan
- Be smart with your timing. Different times in the period mean different needs for your potential customers, whether preparing to observe the fast or getting ready for the celebrations and reunions of Eid and Hari Raya
- And this is the biggest one. Don't let all this effort go to waste with bots and fraud ruining your plans…
App advertising isn’t safe from the dangers of ad fraud. In fact, we’ve seen that it can seriously disrupt the numbers and your acquisition efforts. And this couldn’t be more important than at a time where you’re likely to increase your spend.
In an audit with one popular eCommerce app, we found some startling results. From the 1.1 billion clicks recorded, 630 million were in fact invalid. This gave them a shocking invalid click rate of 57%.
And it wasn’t good news for downloads either. Out of the 765k downloads measured, 308k were found to be invalid, which means they had an invalid install rate of 40%. A cautionary tale for anyone investing in user acquisition, especially over Ramadan.
Grow with confidence this Ramadan and beyond
Make sure you protect your efforts and ensure your budget is being put to good use. The good news? We’re here to help. Trafficguard can help verify every advertising engagement, giving you complete trust and confidence in the data you use to drive performance and get the results you deserve. We’ll help you:
- Protect your campaign in real-time
- Optimise based on real data
- Maximise ROAS
And what’s even better? You can start defending against the danger of fraud today, book your trial with Patricia Freijo today, and make sure your Ramadan plans have the best shot at success. 👇
Get clued up on invalid traffic (IVT) and the ways our ad fraud protection is helping marketers fight back.