Super-app, Rappi’s mission to fight ad fraud and drive growth
As a high-growth super app, ad fraud was impacting Rappi’s businesses in a variety of ways so they needed a comprehensive solution. After evaluating multiple vendors, TrafficGuard’s real-time fraud prevention stood out as the most suitable solution for Rappi’s needs.
Since using TrafficGuard, Rappi has observed an increase in advertising ROI and has been able to optimise campaigns faster for higher quality app users.
Rappi’s Ad Fraud Challenge
- High and volatile click volumes
- Low conversion rate
- 30% of the growth team’s time was spent analysing traffic, reacting to fraud and cleaning data for campaign optimisation
- Constant trade-off between risk and scale – They could reduce exposure to fraud by working with fewer partners, but that would ultimately reduce their reach and make it harder to hit their targets. Or they could introduce new ad networks to expand their reach, but then be exposed to more and more fraud.
Fraud prevention as a tool for growth
With aggressive growth targets, Rappi needed both protection and scale. After evaluating multiple vendors, TrafficGuard’s real-time fraud prevention stood out as the most suitable solution for Rappi’s needs. Rappi’s Growth Lead, Gabriel Sampaio said:
“As a high growth company, we need to be sure we have accurate and clean traffic in order to keep growing and pushing scale. We were looking for a solution that could help us save time and prevent fraud in a truly automated way. What we had before TrafficGuard was measurement. And that’s kind of useless because it limits optimisation and also meant that the more sources you have, the more time-consuming fraud management would be. We wanted prevention.”
Gabriel Sampaio, Grow lead-Digital Channel, Rappi
Automated fraud mitigation improves advertising ROI and saves time
- Average of 25% of clicks invalidated before attribution, with peaks of up to 40%
- Corresponding improvement to conversion rate
- Automation of fraud mitigation removed the burden of manual analysis from growth team – saving 30% of the team’s time
- Faster optimisation contributed to improved LTV of users and install to first order rate
- Advertising ROI improved 25% due to a reduction in ad spend wasted on fraud and improved optimisation
- Protected by TrafficGuard, Rappi was also able to scale advertising faster and more confidently